This 3 storey period property oozing charm and character is situated in a prominent spot in the heart of Dundrum Village. Being 3 storey means the property is deceptively spacious with retail and showroom space to ground floor with extensive family living space over. Being part of the former “Downshire Arms Hotel” the property was originally constructed in 1822 as a guest Lodge for the Marquis of Downshire Estate. All the rooms in the property retain many of their original features such as 10ft ceilings, polished pitched pine floors and sliding sash windows with wooden shutters. The property was rewired and replumbed back in 1993. It enjoys Grade 2 listing and oil fired central heating. Potential purchaser are asked to note that Dundrum is a popular weekend retreat 4 miles from Newcastle and is close to various local tourist attractions including the world famous Royal County Down Golf Course, Murlough National Nature Reserve, Dundrum Castle, Keel Point and Tyrella beach. It also boasts its own compliment of local restaurants and walks.
|Address||8 Main Street, Dundrum|
- Deceptively spacious 3 storey period property providing both living accommodation and business space
- Spacious bright reception hall with ceiling rose, access to ground floor reception rooms and lower level yard and cellar and store room.
- Renovated in 1993 to include both rewiring and re-plumbing.
- Retains many of its original features including 10ft high ceilings, polished pitched pine floors and sliding sash windows with wooden shutters.
- Four double bedrooms master with en suite
- Three large reception rooms to include drawing room, dining room with 8ft double doors leading to superior lounge with open fire.
- Large working kitchen with range of high and low level painted units, original fireplace with steps leading to decked balcony.
- Spacious family bathroom with original features.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Property registered with Tourist Board. Grade 2 listed building.
Entrance Porch 1.37m (4'6) x 1.96m (6'5)
Entrance Hall 4.52m (14'10) x 2.72m (8'11)
Parlour 5.66m (18'7) x 5.36m (17'7)
Living Room: 5.31m (17'5) x 4.34m (14'3)
Rear Parlour 4.7m (15'5) x 4.57m (15')
Rear Reception: 4.93m (16'2) x 4.04m (13'3)
Store room: 3.71m (12'2) x 2.18m (7'2)
Rear Hall, Porch & WC
Cellars 1.91m (6'3) average height
Cellar 1: 4.62m (15'2) x 1.63m (5'4)
Cellar 2: 3.66m (12'0) x 1.22m (4'0)
Cellar 3: 3.66m (12'0) x 1.22m (4'0)
First Floor Return 4.34m (14'3) x 1.68m (5'6)
Drawing Room 5.26m (17'3) x 3.91m (12'10)
Dining Room 5.31m (17'5) x 4.42m (14'6)
Study: 4.95m (16'3) x 3.94m (12'11)
Dining Kitchen: 5m (16'5) x 3.94m (12'11)
Balcony 4.57m (15'0) x 1.88m (6'2)
Master Bedroom: 5.08m (16'8) x 3.96m (13'0)
En Suite Shower Room
Bedroom (2) 5.26m (17'3) x 3.94m (12'11)
Bedroom (3) 5.26m (17'3) x 3.94m (12'11)
Bedroom (4) 2.29m (7'6) x 2.11m (6'11)
EPC - Commercial
Certificate Reference Number 9744-3086-0636-0000-1405
Current Rating 133 / Potential Rating 43
NAV for Ground Floor Commercial Space = £4,350
Estimated rates payable for Domestic House for rating year 2017/18 = £1,101.66
We are advised that the property is Freehold
These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. None of the statements contained in these particulars are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact and any intending purchaser must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars. The Vendor does not make or give and neither T.L Graham & Son nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property. Please note that we have not tested the services or systems in this property. Purchasers should make/commission their own inspections if they feel it is necessary. Photographs are reproduced for general information and it must not be inferred that any item is included for sale with the property.
(NB. All measurements are approximate)
No. 8 Main Street is situated immediately adjacent to the Mourne Seaford Bar and is in close proximity to “Brennans” Garage and The Bucks Head in the centre of Dundrum Village.